Our pupil number forecasts highlight the need for additional primary school places in North Swindon due to the continuing rise in births. As a result it will be necessary to put in place an additional 60 permanent primary school places for September 2014 to provide for a rising trend in population numbers.
There are two options that have been identified to provide places. They are:
- Expansion of Orchid Vale Primary School and provision of a new one form entry (30 reception places) school on land to the west of Thamesdown Drive at Taw Hill.
- Provision of a new two form entry (60 reception places) school on land to the west of Thamesdown Drive at Taw Hill.
The final decision on where these places will be provided will take into account the views gathered throughout this consultation and the site selection criteria attached to this document.
You can take part in the consultation by:
- Completing the questionnaire [download here] and returning it to: Gareth Cheal, Education Place Planning Manager, Wat Tyler House, Beckhampton Street, Swindon, SN1 2JH.
- Visiting the display in the foyer of the Orbital Library and completing a questionnaire.
There are 2 public events to discuss the proposal. Drop in events 3pm to 7pm:
- Monday 12th November 2012 at Tawny Owl Pub, Taw Hill
- Tuesday 13th November 2012 at Orchid Vale Primary School
Please return the questionnaire no later than 30th November 2012.